MechoSystems is the world’s leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of manual, motorized and automated solar-shading systems. The company provides innovative solutions, and consultancy for the design challenges of unique building design, daylighting, controlled WindowManagement®, and sustainability to the Architectural, Design, and Engineering Communities. The headquarters of MechoSystems is in LIC NY, employs over 500 people worldwide, with manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Mexico and the U.K. (Edison, N.J., Reynosa MX, and Milton Keynes UK).
Project Sales Engineers combine technical knowledge with sales skills to provide advice and support on a range of products. The emphasis of the work varies depending on the level of technical knowledge needed to sell a particular product or service.
Project Sales Engineer are a key point of contact for clients and provide both pre- and after-sales advice. They liaise regularly with other members of the sales team and colleagues from a range of departments, such as research and development, design, estimating, purchasing, production and quality control, as well as senior company managers.
- Providing bidding strategy based on specific requirements of the project.
- Qualifying bid documents.
- Preparing tender response documents.
- Persuading clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery.
- Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product meets client needs
- have solid knowledge of a variety of customer service skills concepts, practices and procedures as well as follow-ups (internal& external);
- have excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- assure timely & fact-based feedback to customer;
- have complete MechoSystems product knowledge (Mechanical & Electrical);
- work with other departments on providing design guidelines and creating solution;
- liaise between Sales, Estimating, Engineering and Architect/Designer;
- assure proper communication and project understanding from all participating parties;
- provide summary reports and meeting minutes in a clear and concise manner;
- expert blue-print reading skills
- ability to provide reliable large scale project scope reviews, take-offs;
- review construction documents and project specifications to identify design intent, trade responsibilities and all implications as pertains to window covering;
- apply strong analytical skills to resolve challenging design problems; this means among other things, participating in a review process with architects, dealers and sales force as needed for all submittals that pertain to systems that are being proposed;
- knowledge of AutoCAD, ability to detail MechoSystems solution;
- create mark-ups using Bluebeam Revu;
- utilize MS simulation tools.
- utilize available software tools to perform 3D visualization;
- use available tools to create presentation/sales/BID packages in order to convey MSS design intent, product application and pricing;
- proficient in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, Word, Power Point;
- create and maintain digital/hardcopy of Pre-Sales folders;
- assist in the development of cost estimates;
- develop BID responses;
- have strong understanding of technical specifications, cost, risk and “as built” implications of potential decisions on customer needs and incorporating this into constructive recommendations;
- identify any deficiencies that would preclude us from meeting objectives, schedules, budget or warranted specifications;
- review, understand and communicate all relevant contractual issues;
- assure smooth and effective transition of project from pre-sale to production stage;
- provide assistance with project specific support to post-sale production staff including Engineering and Project Management