Director of Quality is responsible for:
The development of a Corporate Quality Strategy to include current and any future acquisitions.
Development of a strategy inclusive of manufacturing, business and engineering processes.
Accountable to drive improvements through the use of Quality at The Source philosophy, Total Training Plan (TTP), New Product Introduction Process (NPI) and Supply Base.
Ensure the organization is trained on quality processes and expectations and on going support is made available through quality manuals, procedures and standard work.
The leader of VOC efforts for SIWF and responsible for development and reporting of Corporate Metrics as well as Process KPI.
Voice of the Customer (VOC) (30%)
• Establishes corporate reporting illustrating complete COF
• Reviews at least monthly to organization performance to objective
• Works with Customer Service and Sales to understand customer satisfaction
• Key member of the NPI process
• Leads the Quality Steering Team (QST)
• Responsible to issue Corrective Action Requests (CAR) and ensure adequate containment and permanent corrective action
• Sets expectations of End of Line (EOL) Quality through pre-determined AOQL
• Summarizes Quality Performance to SLT
• Establish benchmarking processes to evaluate customer satisfaction
• Director of Quality has authority to stop a process until satisfactory containment in place
• Investigate customer complaints
• Meet with key customers and account managers to address customer satisfaction concerns
Quality Systems (40%)
• Responsible for the release of a Corporate Quality Manual
• Responsible for the establishment and review of quality procedures
• Develop and execute a corporate quality strategy with YOY Continuous Improvement
• Quality System must create customer satisfaction while being measure to TCOQ
• Further Quality at the Source through integration of SBS and establish a Process Quality Culture
• Implement In-station Process Quality (ISPC), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and PPAP
• Audit facilities and develop a corrective action plan
• Ensures correct organization structure and training of the quality system
Supplier Quality (15%)
• Responsible for the release of a Supplier Quality Manual
• Director of Quality responsible to sign off on all new suppliers, processes and product moves
• Director of Quality to ensure an effective Corrective Action Process is in place and being utilized
• Establish a Material Review Board (MRB)
• Monitor supplier performance and establish criteria and rating system for critical suppliers
New Hire Training (15%)
• Responsible for the leadership of plant training departments
• Responsible to ensure there is a feedback loop from training and work instructions
• Training KPI are established and reviewed
|• Bachelors degree, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or CQE Degree|
• Six Sigma Black Belt
• Minimum of 10 years of practical manufacturing and engineering experience in designing and improving processes.
• Demonstrated experience implementing change that yielded substantially lower cost, better space utilization, higher product flow and increased capacity without compromising quality.
• Supplier Quality Experience
• Experience in implementing a quality system
• Worked with ISO or TS
• QFD, PPAP, APQP and New Product Introductions
• Understands the 7 Basic Quality Tools
• Experience managing managers in multiple locations
• Preferred: Master's degree in Industrial Engineering or similar level of advanced education related to continuous process improvement